<snip>
> And just to stir the waters a bit before I leave
> ( insert evil laugh here ), has no one but me
> noticed the relationship of the 'homophobe' thread
> to the Amma/muslim/cartoon thread?
>
> Essentially, feste *wrote a cartoon*, in words.
> Segueing from comments about laws forbidding sex
> with animals, he made a joke (admittedly, not a
> terribly good joke) about how cowboys having sex
> with each other reminded him of cowboys having
> sex with animals.

So far, so good.

> Bam! The shit (literally, in this case, probably
> stirred up from all the anal sex talk) hits the
> fan. The first thing that happens is a bunch of
> people come rushing in to tell the cartoonist
> what a low-vibe slime he is and to keep his big
> mouth shut.

Uh, no, nobody told him to keep his mouth shut.

(They did tell him what a low-vibe slime he was
once he had moved from making the bad joke to
explicitly demonstrating his homophobia, however.)

> Then these same politically-correct
> dogma bullies start in on anyone who *defends*
> the cartoonist's right to express themselves.
> The defenders are as much 'homophobes' as the
> cartoonist is.

Uh, no, the issue of the right to express oneself
never came up at all.  Nobody was defending the
right because nobody had attacked it.

> In other words, I think we've got the Nightly
> News being acted out here on FFL. The people
> calling others 'homophobes' are playing the
> Muslims who are trying to suppress the rights
> of the cartoonists and control what the public
> has the right to read in its newspapers.
>
> Argue THAT, suckas...   :-)  :-)  :-)

It would be hard to argue if that were what had
happened, but of course it wasn't.  Barry made
it up out of his very own little pointed head.