on 2/25/06 6:18 PM, foufou_fl at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> on 2/25/06 4:16 PM, Alex Stanley at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <fairfieldlife@>

>>> It's probably not a bad idea to keep the off color language to a
>>> minimum, but wasn't the upload of pornographic images to the files
>>> section the reason for FFL being reclassified as "Adult"?
>>
>> Probably so. We can't know for sure. But anyway, it kind of cheapens the
>> whole chat if we overindulge in gratuitous obscenity, don't you think?
>
> Actually, the post cited was not gratuitous at all IMO, was trying to
> make an important counter point to a poster regarding insults. And the
> words used were pretty mild and atleastone is often used in
> "non-offenseive" context: d*ck and c*m.
>
> It might even be gratuitous to flare at the use of certain words and
> assume that they are gratuitous -- without reading the context.  Which
> ironically, was even spelled out in a subnote -- for readers driving
> by too quickly to follow the debate.

Actually, I wasn't reacting to that post as much as to the general tone,
which has been getting rather prurient. The only reason that makes me uneasy
is that I don't want us to get bumped into the Adult classification again.
Maybe the only reason that happened is that Tom Pall uploaded some x-rated
photos and then reported to Yahoo that they were there. Maybe Yahoo doesn't
have systems to automatically monitor the content of its groups. But in case
it does, I'm just suggesting that we be a bit cautious.