--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > >
> > > What about texts that require a certain level or state of
> > > consciousness to even grok?
> > >
> > > Sometimes there's more to the text than meets the eye. :-)
> >
> > Indeed. The claim that a book can only be "understood"
> > by a few might, in fact, mask an attempt by those "few"
> > to manipulate others.  :-)
> >
> +++ Seems to be some similarity in,
>      You are not enlightened -we will enlighten you.
>      You are all sinners, -   we will save you.
>      You are in danger from terrorists - we will protect you.
>      The first two say send money whereas the last says pay your
taxes
> or else.
>       It looks like all have the common denominator of "we know what
> is best for you" and, if you stop thinking (which is recommended) it
> is all for the best.  N.

Of course, it could also be the case that--given that
"knowledge is different in different states of
consciousness" (which Barry has repeatedly insisted on)--
something composed by someone in a different state
of consciousness than the person reading or hearing it
would *not* be comprehensible to the latter, no matter
how "hard" they think.