On Feb 28, 2006, at 7:53 PM, wayback71 wrote:

One thing I have wondered about lately - having just viewd lots of old tapes of MMY - is

where did he get all this knowledge of the Vedas and the understanding of the

relationships between the sounds, the from infinity to a point stuff?  Is this just common

knowledge in India?

It all comes from various sources, in various texts or oral trads. How do I know? I found most of it by locating the sources.

  did MMY pick it up by talking wtih some wise pundits?

Yes and also westerners who schooled him.

  Is all the

Vedic Science info really not that profound, but sounds that way to Westerners?

Yes, even more-so when it is not given piecemeal, it's source given and it's full context.

  My hunch

is that it is a profound understanding, just as I think MMY's descriptions of states of

consciousness etc is simple and also profound -= a real contribution to the world.  If he is

not Enlightened, where did he get this stuff?

Scriptural and lineal stuff, almost all of it--the scientific spin is of course, new.

  Could he have picked it up from Guru Dev in

the 9 years as a disciple?

Small parts IMO.

  Is he cognizing all this?

No. I have first hand witnesses who have heard him being "coached" and then reveal it as revelation the very next day.

  LIfting ideas from others?  Anyone have

any insight into this?