> On Mar 6, 2006, at 2:40 PM, anon_astute_ff wrote:
>
> > Yes, that is the point -- $2500 + of value for $200, yielding $2300+
> > of consumer sruplus. IF you percieve SSRS's Sahaja meditation as
> > eqivalent to TM.
> >
> > btw I think the AOL course where the breathing is taught, is a
> > seperate course from the Sahaja meditation. Separate fee.
>
> That's my understanding as well--but I did think it was a
> prerequisite for his meditation method.
>
> Most of the people I know who used to do TM and still give
> suggestions to people recommend SSRS, always with good feedback (so
> far). He IS the new TM, complete with giggling guru; without the
> overtones of greed, corruption and pseudo-science.

But it has some new age and hindu "baggage" -- a plus for some, a big
minus for others. For example one is encouraged, expected, and/or
subtly pressured to attend weekly meetings where everyone sings bajans
(songs praising hindu  gods). At such, and as part of the initial
course, one is expected to engage in AOLisms -- hugging everyone in
the room and saying "I belong to you", and other things along those
lines.

So there are no pure substitutes. Always some differentiation between
products.