--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Irmeli Mattsson"
> <Irmeli.Mattsson@> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Generally I dislike in this post the tone of idealizing one person's
> > work, and the egoistic approach of trying to make his work crucial to
> > human consciousness evolution in this time.
>
> You *dislike* it right? It's just judgement, that's okay. But I can
> tell you why: Michael idealizes MMY's work, simply because he *loves*
> MMY. The explantions he gives are logical, but the idealization is of
> his heart. That's Bhakti, reverence, in Michaels case for the guru.
> You dislike it, showing me that you don't have Bhakti, cannot
> recognize it when you see it, and have even may feel disgust for it.
> Poor you! Not that you should idealize or appreciate the MMY. But if
> you have Bhakti yourself, that is Love for God, or for your teacher
> etc, you will easily recognize it in others, like - lets say Muslims
> who pray and don't like to be ridiculed for their religion. There is
> nothing wrong with disagreement, but its the *tone* you dislike, and
> you even think he is egoistic in that. Nothing could be further from
> truth. Egoistic are those missing Bhakti. Again, poor you!
>
> I have tried to make the case, that one can view MMY's action in an
> impersonal way, as a tool of Brahman, like anybody else knowingly or
> unknowingly. From all indications that we get from MMY it is very much
> Knowingly, but never mind, one can look at this whole theme of a
> staged evolution, as Michael was expounding it, in a completely
> impersonal way, MMY only being a tool at the time, with no real
> judgement involved. In that sense there is neither a necessity for
> condemnation nor appreciation. But the appreciation shows Bhakti, and
> there is a mutual appreciation among Bhaktas, as the Self is seen in
> the Other, and not just narcistically inside oneself, as in CC. For
> many the first focal point of the Self outside is the Guru. So much
> for your *dislike* ;-)

***
Are you saying that the ideas of a person, who shows Bhakti should not
be discussed or evaluated? You expect everyone to "know", that people
having Bhakti are untouchable and their thoughts and actions are
beyond criticism. Who has created that law ? The true believers, and
they threaten by it anyone, who  challenge their holy notions. That is
a very dangerous idea as human history shows. A lot of cruelties have
been done in so called righteous anger by the true believers.

I dislike your tone much more than Michael Goodman's, because in you I
sense the fanaticism of a true believer, not in him. I also sense that
you were hurt and you deeply disliked my comment on Goodman's post.

Does your thinking go like this: Because you don't perceive Bhakti in
me, you can dislike my ideas fully freely, but not the possibly very
odd ideas of a Muslim in whom you perceive Bhakti?

I disliked in Goodman's post the way he uses his intellect to defend
MMY by denying or "forgetting" many important facts in MMY's track
record. When logic is used that way, it inevitably gets distorted. A
person, who uses one's intellect in that fashion is often easy "prey"
for people, who don't let their disturbing emotions bend their intellect.

When someone becomes terribly hurt of  rather main stream theories
like mine here, where no personal insults, name calling or threats are
present, I interpret it to mean that I have made a hit. In other words
my theories have touched the truth you are trying to deny.

I do recognize Bhakti and I do respect it. Apparently you perceive
Bhakti only, when distorted use of intellect is present also.

True believers hate clear intellect. They would want to burn alive
anyone who challenges their distorted ideas. And they have done it
innumerable times.

Irmeli