--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, defenders_of_bhakti
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Q: The guru is Frederick Lenz/Rama, and most of the
> > students in the hall are black belts in some form of
> > martial arts:
> > A: "Well, that was interesting...now that the police have
> > taken those terrorist guys away to the hospital, what were
> > we talking about? Oh yeah, Unity..." <lecture continues...>
> >
> > :-)  :-)  :-)
> >
> > Different strokes for different folks...
>
> Or else he could have said:
>
> A: "Well, why don't you kill me right away, then I don't
> have to do it anymore myself. I'll become a marthyr
> instead of an lunatic suicider"

And this is written by the guy who has written hundreds
of lines lately whining about people (primarily me)
criticizing his chosen spiritual path?  :-)  :-)  :-)

Look, dude...just for the record, you really CAN'T
get under my skin and push my buttons by ragging on
Rama. Anything you could possibly say I've dealt with
years ago. And even if I hadn't, IT'S NOT MY JOB to
defend the dude. He's DAID, ferchrssakes. Even if he
weren't, IT'S *STILL* NOT MY JOB to defend him. You
are entitled to your opinion, however nasty and mean-
spirited it may be.  :-)

This would seem to be the difference between you and
me. When I intellectually challenge bhakti (not even
your teacher), you interpret that as a personal attack
against you, get majorly uptight, and overreact to the
max. When you decide to trash the teacher I studied
with, I can laugh about it and *not* react.

On the whole, I'd rather be me than you.