--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Dean Goodman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> THE STRUGGLE OF INDIVIDUALITY TO PERPETUATE ITS ILLUSION

Hi Michael, it took me awhile to get around to reading this. Thanks
again for a brilliantly written piece. You express yourself in words
so well, as to give voice to my own heart. A couple of observations
I've had, related to what you wrote:

After my own awakening almost one year ago, I have found it comical,
fascinating and humbling to realize the supports of my previous
house of cards were downright incorrect. As you stated, I too have a
strong relative intellect, but as I find increasingly, there are
many folks with a stronger one, such as yourself. As this belief in
my supposedly insurmountable relative intellect was a central tenet
of my identity previously, to admit to this [not being 'number one']
then would've been crushing to my illusory individuality. Now I
recognize it as a simple case of giving credit where credit is due
(while laughing delightedly and often at my former assumptions).

The other thing that struck me in your writing was the depth of your
relationship with Maharishi. Though I agree with all that you have
written regarding true bhakti, and your relationship with Maharishi,
I was faced with a conundrum for many years, in that I truly wanted
such a relationship with Maharishi, not necessarily in physical
proximity, but on the level of Being. And it just wouldn't
materialize.

Instead I always felt drawn, and still do, to Guru Dev, and His
incarnation as Shiva. This manifested completely before my
awakening. And yet has quickly grown to fruition since, and I
believe spurred the re-establishment of myself in my Self very
rapidly. It also raises some interesting questions about the nature
of surrender.

Because the feeling is as real and uncompromising as if I live with
Guru Dev; a distinct vibration and attunement, permeating and
guiding every facet of my life. And yet, no way to explain to others
how this is possible, with a Being who is no longer present on Earth
in physical form.

This obvious reality has just served to quietly refine my
relationship with him. As I am sure you find with Maharishi, once
surrender occurs, He is always available to you, whenever you call.
With none of the artifice, phoniness, and drama that can be
associated with a 'bhakti-lite' relationship. A perfect blending
into everyday life.

Thanks for creating an opportunity for me to share this. As a huge
understatement, it is not everyday we have the chance to express
such things. I look forward to your future writings.