Have I understood you right, you think Maharishi schould have answeared to that lady journalist: "I bow down to you because you are such a pretty little thing, and I am just an old jerk. I am sorry I am not a lyer and a thief, so am I pardoned in your wiev, that I may come across as just a little bit crooked, evil and corrupt?" And then to let her opinions set the mark of what he is, of which would truly be a waste of time.
That lady were neat and clean but her questions were not. They were intimidating, silently suggesting what a great number of ignorant people in their low minds think, that  there are nothing in this world which is not all about power, sex and money. And schould Maharishi not be able to detect the taunt, when there are any?
And who can take for granted that they are deservant of anothers reply, when they are not communicating with their open hearts, but rather seems to have a purpose of disdaining  whom they are talking to.
I love that so incredibly sharpcut fury of Maharishi, since those are the times when he speakes so clearly for my understanding, to the cutting edge of so may things, that is in this world not right.
Sincerely Lailaberith

TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From a friend:
>
> I saw that press conference live.  I think the 'why
> don't you teach in the third world for free' question
> started it down the slippery slope.  At one stage M
> was monosyllabic in his answers. By the time Hagelin
> changed to CNN things were at a low ebb, and their
> questions didn't get answered.  But the NY Times
> reporter seemed unfazed by it and went on to ask a few
> more questions via John H at the end of the session.
> He managed to calm M down by feeding in the odd
> inspiring question.
>
> The other things I remember her asking which didn't go
> down well were mentioning the Beatles and Deepak
> Chopra, wouldn't it be better not to have the 'His
> Highnesses, His Excellencies, King stuff' - better to
> concentrate on TM.  She said the Sidhis as she
> understood it only had people hopping and not actually
> flying.  Poor old Hagelin looked a bit rattled at
> times, but he keeps bouncing back.  Pity, cos that
> reporter was really pretty!

I didn't see the video and so can't comment on
her prettiness, but she certainly was patient
with a grumpy old coot who doesn't like it when
he has to deal with real people instead of
Yes-men.

Yahoo! Mail