<snip>

> I agree with your observations. I was just responding to Peter's
assertion
> that the Beatles would have been nothing without Maharishi's influence.

This is ridiculous, Rick - I never said that :-)

As you said, they had a nice career goping for themselves before they
took contact with MMY.

My proposition, which I didn't waste mine or any one else time on
elaborating on (because I thought it would be evident), is that much
of how the Beatles and it's members today are remembered is due to
MMY's influence.

If you don't "get this" I am not going to waste my time explaining it.
If you want to understand it, start looking at how these four young
men changed frmo their contact with MMY and the direction their
creativity took after that, also after the Beatles broke up.

Would Life of Brian ever have seen the light of day without MMY, for
example?

> think one could argue the opposite: that none of us would have heard of
> Maharishi, wouldn't have learned TM, and wouldn't have been having this
> discussion because this forum wouldn't have existed without the Beatles'
> influence.

Having visited this group on and off for some time now I think the
world just might have been a better place without the Beatles / MMY
thing. I say because what I meet here are a collection of grumpy
oldish people who project the failures they perceive in their own
lives on some external factor totally unrelated to this failure.

Why cling to this never-ending whining about the TMO?

If you really don't like it, just "let it be".

Or maybe you don't have anything else?