--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anon_couscous_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I often appreciate your point of view which recognizes the value of
> the technique and the notion that some things are at least within
> the realm of the conceivable (if not the practical, or maybe even
> possible), but I have to ask here--whence arrise the need to test
> whose loyalty?
>
> Why does any governor who had been active *especially* during the
> past 15-20 years or longer need their loyalty tested?

Here's my guess: Because MMY ain't gonna be around much
longer, and he wants to keep together a core group that
has demonstrated they are completely committed to his
teaching and to the TMO, in an attempt to prevent the
organization from splintering and going off in all
directions after his death.

Whoever takes control of the TMO--probably King
Tony--is going to need people he can rely on.  It's
likely to be pretty crazy for a while after MMY
leaves us.