--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anonyff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I strongly disagree with this. I can remember many many instances,
> which I heard with my own two ears, of Maharishi disgustedly and
> quite condescendingly, demeaned people for wanting to get jobs and
> try to earn a living.

That was then, this is now.  I thought I had been
pretty clear that this new development went hand-in-
hand with the whole raja thing, so it obviously
doesn't apply to the period you're talking about.

Didn't you see the quote Shemp posted here several
times?

In any case, you're talking about people who were
working for the movement full-time, and around MMY
to boot.  The folks I was talking about are the TM
teachers out in the field who have been holding down
non-TMO jobs and teaching on the side, but doing so
through the TMO.  Or maybe they've stopped teaching
altogether because they didn't feel like doing it
the TM way but didn't want to cross the TMO either.

You're confusing apples and oranges here.  This isn't
about going out and making a living vs. working full-
time for the TMO, it's about being able to teach TM
on your own instead of through the TMO.

 I have heard first-hand accounts from people/friends,