--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anonyff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Although personally (except for maybe 30 years ago when he just seemed
> like an overworked nice guy) I am not fond of Bevan, an astute
> recruiter would find these facts out about Bevan and be able to place
> him according to these facst, all fo which are true.
>

> 1)
> He has helped run, if not being nearly totally in charge-Executive
> Management--of a global organization with 100+ national leaders (or
> however many there are) then state/time-zone/regional directors and
> teachers at local levels (what would this amount to-having 20-30,000
> people under you). And he has done this for nearly 30 years.
>
> 2)
> Been president of a university with all the responsibilities that go
> along with it.
>
> 3)
> Organized, orchestrated, hosted International and National Conferences
> all over the world, many of which have been attended by the top
> thinkers of our time in nearly all areas of concern.
>
> 4)
> Made umpteen decisions, most of which we probably know absolutely
> nothing about, that affected the *bottom line*-probably decisions
> totalling in the billions of dollars.
>
> These are no small things and someone who deals with the upper upper
> echelon of people in the corporate world would be amazed to see the
> accomplishments of this person called Bevan who so many here like to
> put down for various reasons. I don't like him and his way of doing
> things, but I stand in awe of just how capable he is and for how many
> years he has constently functioned at this level.

I worked with corporate executives and couldn't disagree more.  I
can't begin to see Bevan functioning outside the unique movt envt, esp
at this point when he comes across as so imbalanced.  I can't imagine
bringing bevan in to try to talk executives into starting tm, or bevan
successfully running an organization.

Bevan never ran the university on a day to day practical level.  He's
hardly been there the past 20 yrs, except periodically to fire people
not deemed loyal and generally keep up the fear and cult atmosphere.
Before his leadership the university was an intellectually and
spiritually exciting place.  It's been in decline ever since.

Getting purusha to take out student loans in the 80s saved the place
financially then, and whoever came up with the idea of importing
african students as a way for them to visas as computer programmers is
keeping it afloat now.  Of course donations still come in for building
projects because that gets points with MMY, not because of bevan.  No
way it could survive by attracting and keeping normal western
students, the atmosphere is just too culty and the academics too weak,
that's all bevan's doing.

What specific project has bevan ever led that has been successful?  In
reality I mean, not in fancy talks and brochures, or in tmo press
releases or internal conferences.  My experience in the tmo was that
things got accomplished by the talented and devoted foot soldiers
despite the efforts of people like bevan, not due to them.