> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >

> > On Apr 13, 2006, at 5:13 AM, sparaig wrote:
> >
> > > Please keep in mind that there have been numerous articles about the
> > > recently published study on long-term Buddhist meditation. People go
> > > for what is in the public eye. TM certainly is not getting the "new
> > > kid on the block" treatment from the press like Buddhist meditation
> > > is, so people are more likely to be interested in the new thing.
> > > Being free doesn't hurt either.
> >

> > Most or nearly all who would have gone the TM route are now going to
> > SSRS I would bet. And I bet he has high numbers of people learning--
> > without someone having to pay for the course with a wealthy
> benefactor.
> >

> This might be, or might not. Certainly, this year there will be a
> higher rate of new initiations via the recerted teachers than there was
> last year.

In India, SSRS is definitely the hot thing meditation wise.

A case could be made that there will be fewer initiations due to the
recert program.  Do you know any recerts actually teaching tm?  I
don't - they're all doing real estate projects.  Plus subtract the
initiations not happening due to legal pressure coming down on the non
certifiables.

Anyway, does national release these figures?  I last I heard the
annual number was a few hundred.