--- Rick posted this announcement:

> This evening (holland time), full moon day, in the Global Family Chat, Raja
> Wilhelm declared that Holland is now invincible.  Because it has reached the
> required number of yogic flyers needed for the country.  Holland is now
> enjoying integrated national consciousness and is now a rising star in the
> family of nations.

Gee, I hope.

The New Yorker ran an article recently about the state
of affairs in the Netherlands. (Sorry I can't find it to
include a link here.) They actually have a rather
unintegrated social structure there, from what I
gathered from the article. The Protestants and the
Catholics and the Humanists and the Muslims all
have their own worlds. The image given was of
separate pillars holding up one roof.

All these groups went about their business without
much conflict until recently. Now, disgruntled Muslims
are using the internet to plan violent actions against
the others. The police are guarding something like
20 public figures from Islamist death threats. (You'll
recall filmmaker Theo van Gogh was killed after
making a movie about Muslim violence toward
women.)

If the Netherlands go without assassinations and
riots, I might be inclined to believe it's risen to
the optimistic levels of social coherence that Raja
Wilhelm decrees above. But if I read of sectarian
killings or riots, I'm going to file the good Raja's
claim in the same file that has decrees about Mugabe's
invincibility, Fairfield's pundits and other
announcements of that ilk.