--- sparaig wrote:

> --- Gillam wrote:
> >
> > --- Rick posted this announcement:
> > >
> > > This evening (holland time), full moon day,
> > > in the Global Family Chat, Raja Wilhelm
> > > declared that Holland is now invincible.
> >
> > Gee, I hope.

[snip]

> > If the Netherlands go without assassinations and
> > riots, I might be inclined to believe it's risen to
> > the optimistic levels of social coherence that Raja
> > Wilhelm decrees above.
>
> A little black and white in your thinking, aren't you? What if there
> is only a drastic reduction in vioence rather than 100% reduction?

My point is, Holland is something of a geopolitical flash
point right now in terms of the Islamist leanings of many
of its citizens. It's a great place to falsify any claims of invincibility.

I don't pay close attention to Holland's doings. If something
happens there that's bad enough to catch my attention, I'll
know Raja Wilhelm spoke too soon.

If - and it's a big if - in coming years I read an article about
how the Netherlands is setting an example of how to reconcile
Islam and the West, I may go so far as to think, "Maybe Raja
Wilhelm was on to something."