The operative word in your comment is the word "system."  We all
position ourselves in society by our ability to deal with society and
nature in general.  We seek to improve our ability to do that by seeking
not just enlightenment but education.  By nature there then are castes
(which I think is the point Maharishi is making).  The system part is
where the power holders seek to keep people from rising to take away
their power.  They tell people they can't rise above their caste but
obviously people can.  If the rich were the smartest then they would all
be the ones graduating with honors from colleges and universities and
the poor would be flunking out.  Be we know that is not true as you will
probably find more poor and middle income folks graduating with honors
than the lazy rich kids.

Currently we have a bunch in the world that would like to keep the
scenario I just mentioned from happening by taking away the funding that
makes it possible to rise above their "caste" or "class" as we call it
in the west.  They also seek to pay all labor even skilled and educated
cheap wages.  They are using all their weapons including their control
of the media to try to make that happen.  But they themselves are
ignorant and karma dictates that because they've made a push to do this
society will react in an equal and opposite reaction against them and
probably too far a swing of the pendulum too.

I was musing the other day what "divine justice" it would be if the
first tenants of the "detention camps" that Halliburton is building here
in the US would be the Halliburton executives themselves.  ;-)