> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anon_couscous_ff
> <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anon_couscous_ff
> <no_reply@>

> > > I'm not going to argue, period. I asked what you
> > > thought about the caste system, you answered.
> > >
> > > End of story.
> >
> > Ah, the discussion MUST conform to Barry's way of wishing it to go.
> >
> > "Its my football (thread) so you gotta play by my rules or I
> > am going to take my football home."
> >
> > It seems to me you apitomize many characteristics of the
> > caste system that you appear to dispise.
>
> Whatever.
>
> From my point of view, you're bored and are trying
> to start an argument.
>
> I'm not bored, and am avoiding the argument.
>
> I think I've got the better deal...  :-)

I am not trying to start an argument. I am responding to your call for
substantive discussion.

I don't have a POV onthe topic. I offered a few observations. I think
you raised a good point -- people do feel uncomfortable with the
topic. Not because many are TM TB's but because most of us have some
interests and connections to India and Indian culture and caste system
is a bit of a puzzle. Does it have any redeemng qualities is a fair
and good question for discussion,IMO.

That you do not care to discuss a question that you raised is quite
odd, but I have come to expect that from you. And your absence from
the discussion is bound to raise it to a higher level, absent your
strong tendency to mischaracterize other's positons and imput
dastardly motives for anyone exploring a  position differing from yours.

So thanks for raising the topic. And thanks for having the good sense
of not participating and polluting it (with the above).