Comment (to Judy) below:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> wrote:>
> > Just to reiterate, I have not the slightest intention
> > of refraining from commenting on Barry's posts when I
> > have something to say about them.  That would be absurd.
> > It's absurd that *he* has to refrain from commenting on
> > *my* posts.snipette What would end the "feud" is if he were to be
> honest and fair in his posts--not just about me but in general--
> > and make an effort to maintain objectivity and refrain
> > from insults.
>
> 1.Judy, you cannot change Barry's behavior (whether he is honest and
> fair or not, I do not know, nor care).  Your replies do not change
> his behavior in any way. Even after all these (10?) years of trying,
> you seem to agree that Barry has not changed in the ways you want
> him to.  YOU WILL NEVER NEVER CHANGE BARRY - GET IT???
>
> 2.  No one else here on FFL feels they need protection from Barry
> and his "dishonesty."  We are all adults and can decide for
> ourselves whether to believe BArry, take him seriously, or even read
> his posts.  Your ideas and intellect are good, but being the FFL
> monitor of truth and honesty is not needed. People are getting
> fedup. Even if Barry "lies" about something, most people don't
> really care much. Eg: There is so much else in life to do and think
> about - Barry is not my reference point and anything said here on
> FFL by someone I don't have a face to face relationship with or else
> know to be compatible with me is not "really" important.  You are
> wasting your time, your hours, and your days if you are correcting
> Barry's posts for anyone's sake but your own.  Editing is your
> profession, I think?  And perhaps you really cannot stop yourelf.
> If so, email Barry or spairegg on the side if you cannot bear to
> stop, but FFL folks have spoken clearly and kindly - many have asked
> you to stop this aspect of your posting. EDIT YOUR OWN POSTS, PLEASE!
>
> > It isn't a matter of "letting go of the past" when the
> > behavior of the past continues in the present.
>
> You will not change Barry!!! The "behavior" of Barry's, as you see
> it, will always continue.  Will yours?

**END**

Judy (if you're reading this), can you imagine *anything* that might
prompt you to moderate your posts re Barry?  There was a couple of
days a few days back when both you and Barry pretty much just posted
stuff of more or less general interest on a number of topics and it
was very refreshing (from my POV).  I understand, however, that you
feel that he indirectly slammed you in some of the posts and your
comments regarding those have brought us back around again to this
group discussion re you and he.

But, perhaps you would consider commenting on all of Barry's posts in
a weekly compendium?  It would allow those who do follow your comments
re him to have that input and, for that matter, it would allow Barry
to, in turn, comment dispositively on your ombudsmanship in a weekly
rebuttal.

It would certainly be a restriction on unfettered, real-time comments
for both of you but it would address most everyone's concerns, yours,
Barry's, and the general readership.  Just a suggestion.