--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > And don't forget Marcos.
> >
> > Seems to me that project worked just fine.  People
> > started meditating, started thinking more coherently
> > as a result, and promptly ejected Marcos from power.
>
> Wow, not even the TMO has put out any fake superradiance research
> claiming this, have they?

Does the TMO put out "fake superradiance research"?

In this case, the TMO wasn't in a position to make a
claim, with or without research, for exactly the reasons
you state: getting rid of Marcos was not the goal the
project had announced.

But might it have been *nature's* goal?

> The TMO got run out of there after aligning
> themselves with Marcos ("All Hail President Marcos! being the mantra
> MMY had the group chanting in some meetings) and trying to buy that
> university which got blocked after significant street protests by
> the people - clearly the non-meditating incoherent philipinos.
>
> As I recall, the marketing message being given to Marcos' people was
> that the TMO programs would increase social order and help put down
> the growing protests among the (pro-democracy rabble) people.

You think he would have been receptive to the opposite
message?  Or was convincing him it would benefit him
the only way to even begin to make any TM inroads in
the Philippines?

> My bet is that if you got MMY in a truthful moment he would say that
> Marcos not buying into our programs and next to no-one learning TM
> in the philippines at that time is the reason he got ousted.

Could be (but according to Rick, quite a few people
*did* learn).  And Philippine democracy isn't in such
great shape at the moment, but it certainly had a
hopeful start.

MMY is obviously not very sophisticated in his knowledge
of political science and government.  I doubt he was
all that well informed about what was going on in the
Philippines under Marcos; I *very* seriously doubt he
supports the kind of oppression and corruption that
was characteristic of Marcos's regime.

What MMY did know was that with Marcos's support, he
could introduce TM to the country.  But what happened
from there on was up to nature, not MMY.  I'll bet he
would agree with that.

There *is* such a thing as doing the right thing for
the wrong reasons.