> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

> Time,

> current
> > > said

> > > times
> even

> media"

> > > I noticed something curious recently though, that I was
> evaluating
> > > regarding the favoritism of the press towards the party in
> power.
> > It
> > > was widely reported recently that the former Gov of Illinois,
> Ryan,
> > > has been charged with blatant corruption, but I couldn't find
> his
> > > party affiliation listed in any of the articles. Sure enough
> when I
> > > looked it up, he is a Republican. I am reasonably sure that had
> he
> > > been a Democrat, that fact would've been noted in the news.
> > >

> > http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com and http://www.tpmuckracker.com
> are
> > your best bet for learning stuff the Bush administration doesn't
> want
> > you to hear. Amy Goodman is intersting but she's far more willing
> > accept wild rumors as fact. Marshal and his people do as much
fact
> > checking as any reputable newspaper -- not surprising since they
> are
> > all reputable journalists who have gotten tired of
the "mainstream
> > media" s willingness to toe the War President Can Do No Wrong
line.

> Thanks for the tip. The talkingpointsmemo site looks very good.

I got the URL for the second one wrong. It's:

http://tpmmuckraker.com/

Marshall raised a bunch of money from donations and hired some
journalists to do independent investigative reporting which they then
publish on the muckraker site. Also check out the names and quality
of folk who write commentary and columns for the TPM Cafe website.
It's a who's who list as impressive as anyone writing opnions for the
WSJ editorial page.

http://www.tpmcafe.com/

BTW, other news organizations have been documented to use
http://tpmmuckraker.com/ without attribution. CNN was running a
TV/web news story for a while that used a photo with the muckraker
watermark logo still on it. They had a big laugh about that.