snip

> You may have heard that Bush dismissed Hersh's article as "wild
> speculation." At first I, like you, responded with a sigh of relief.
> But I've come to learn that Bush doesn't talk like a human being.
> His policy pronouncements are carefully lawyered to give him the
> kind of technical out that Bill Clinton could only have dreamed of.
> Bushspeak is crafted to ensure that what Mr. Straightshooter says is
> rarely what he means. Filtering "wild speculation" statement through
> Bushspeak analysis shows that it's no denial at all.

Rumsfeld has also publicly responded to the Iran story with "wild
speculation" or words to that effect. This week the Daily Show found a
news clip from 3 yrs ago in which Rumsfeld uses exactly the same words
to denounce press reports of insurgent attacks inside Baghdad -- so
when they say wild speculation, they just mean truth they don't want
out yet.