--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

snip

> Eventually, after enough devotion to our Selves, after the
> false "I'm there!"s, the dark nights of the soul, in which we have
> lost the false underpinnings of who we thought we were, yet at the
> same time aren't awakened yet, and perhaps have a flashy experience
> or two, only to have it fade away into dust. After all that, all of
> that ego bruising work, caught between devotion and exhaustion,
> living just about purely on faith alone, having come so far and done
> so much, and still *nothing*...
> Eventually, the coordination between ourselves and our Selves is
> perfected. The last veil falls away, and we are there, awake unto
> our Selves, a perfect work of nature, awakened.
> It is at that time, that our desires are transformed from the
> machinery necessary for us to permanently awaken unto our Selves,
> into the machinery for us to expand our awake Selves further and
> further into its Self, however that is concieved of. Desires become
> then, not a means to fill a lack, but a means to continuously fill
> an already overflowing cup.

snip

Jim, would be able and willing to talk a bit about what it was like to have Guru Dev appear
to you?  I am especially interested in what he seemed like because his pictures seem
extremely intense but somber.  Even the brief movies are hard for me to get.  Was there
love or softness there in him when you saw him?