> wrote:
> >
> > A nation of SUV drivers are outraged that their gluttony of oil
> > consumption is resulting in huge profits to the largest oil
producer.

> > Under the circumstances, it seems to me that everything is
working
> > the way it's supposed to.
> >
> A few years ago, I was looking for a vehicle that carried more
people
> and stuff than a car, and I looked at a suv (mazda something). The
> thing I noticed is that as big as they are, the interior is not as
> roomy and useful as a minvan, which I ended up getting. The suvs
waste
> a lot of space to compensate for the higher ground clearance and
> handling (narrower body) necessary for off road driving, that few
> owners ever take advantage of. And the gas mileage for the minivan
is
> better than a suv.

I have a Toyota Corolla and I get, consistently, 31 miles to the
gallon, city and highway combined.

Do I get pissed off that it costs me $28.00 to fill up instead of
$20.00?  Sure, but the $8.00 is not THAT big a deal.

I know someone who has to spend $100.00 per fill-up for his
cool "truck"...you know, one of those monstrosities you see all the
time on the highway.  This is killing him.

BUT: he has no one to blame but himself.