--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     Genetists say, a single mutation in a single gene can change
colour and characteristics.  Evolution does not take place slowly and
gradually, but in fits and bursts.

>       There is a lot of genetic evidence for this.  Genetic testing
shows that there is very little genetic variations in Humans.  On the
contrary, there are huge genetic variations in other animals and
plants even in a small locality.  Take elephants for instance, even in
a small locality there are wide range of genetic variations.

>       These variations are completely missing only in humans.
Genetic Scientists like Dr. Spencer Wells traced it back to a point
70,000 years ago when population dwindled down to a few hundreds.
This was somewhere in South-Africa.

>       Pigment was one of the major mysteries untill a Lady scientist
finally cracked it.  In the tropics where there is abundance of UV
radiation, one needed black pigments to protect the skin.  But as
humans started coming out of Africa and started moving north Sunlight
became scarce in higher latitudes.  Vitamin-D also became scarce.  The
skin became white so that whatever little Vitamin-D that could be
squeezed out of the sunlight enabled them to survive.  Those who had
dark skins could not manufacture enough Vitamin-D in Sun-starved
latitudes and died of rickets.  Having a white skin bacame essential
for survival in Cold-Latitudes.  This change happened around 40,000
years ago when the first humans entered Europe when the world was in
the thick of an ice-age.

>       Hitler's Aryan myth has been shattered by a simple Scientific
fact - Vitamin-D..!!

>       By the way, who said we didn't originate on this planet.??
There is a 99% similarity between the Humans and their closest
relative the Chimp..!!

+++ That does sound logical for the black and white people but what
sort of situation would explain the yellow and red ones?
    It is not an altogether black and white issue you could say.
    I will see if I can find some titles by authors of "off world
origins" in my collection here.   thanks,  N.