shempmcgurk wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > You say Korea has 21 mbps.  I don't know what that means,
>actually.
> > > I have high speed internet through my cable TV company...how
>many
> > > mbps is that (whatever mbps means)?
> >
> > Test yourself (throughput you get vs. what you pay
> > for) with: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
> >
> > To my great surprise, Wanadoo/France Telecom being
> > the spawn of Satan and all, I pay for 8 Mbps and
> > get 8 Mbps consistently.
> >

>Okay.  I did the test: 2940 kbps download speed and 495 kbps upload
>speed.
>
>Doesn't seem so good, does it?

Divide by 8 to get the mbps which would be around 3-4 mbps which is
pretty standard for cable in the US.  I only get 1.5 mbps on DSL but I
will probably be going to some kind of business account a little later
on with faster download and more important for my business faster
uploads.  They tend to cap upload speeds.