--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes. Being dissatisfied with something, or its
> extreme case of hitting bottom, is a huge
> impetous to most of my growth. But I don't
> credit suffering with getting me to give it up.
>
> The nature of life is to grow, don't you know.
> I'm going to seek more happiness regardless.

Well said. From wonder into wonder life will open,
asid the Tao te Ching.

Ever heard the crow-and-the-coconut analogy? It
appears in many Indian and Tibetan teachings.
The seeker is hangin' out, just Being, and a
crow alights on a branch on the tree in front
of him. Immediately afterwards, a coconut falls
from a branch on the other side of the tree.

Now, was there a cause and effect relationship
between the crow landing on a branch over here
and the coconut falling off another branch over
there? Well, there may be or there may not be.
We will never know. We can only make up stories
about either the connection between these two
events or the lack of any such connection and
hope that the stories inspire us.

Life just expands. Spending a lot of time assign-
ing a "cause" to those moments in which expands
a great deal seems to me like a waste of time.
Better to just surf the wave of expansion.