--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just as Girish doesn't get western culture, MMY never really did
either,
> even though he lived and traveled in it so long.

I agree...and it was only to the extent that he did in an honest and
innocent way did it work to his advantage.  I'm talking of course
about the scientific research stuff.  Yes, reasonable and pretty
great thing to say: of course, no belief is necessary for TM to work
and, indeed, you can scientifically measure the phenomenon to see if
it works.

This approach was wonderful and worked to the advantage of the
movement.

But when MMY started to paint the sides of scientific booklets gold
and selectively publish and edit studies it, of course, turned
people off.