Have you seen the Witch-Hunting that still goes on in remote parts of India.?  There was a program on National-Geographic on this.

    The Astonishing Parallel between the medival European Witch-Hunting, was this.... Only Old Widows who had property, but Nobody to defend them or protect them was accused, targeted as Witches and killed.!!

Wayback71 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 21:09:58 -0000
Subject: [FairfieldLife] new movie: Water

I just saw a new movie called Water from the same woman who did "Fire" a few years ago.
Water is incredible, about the life of widows in India during the 1930's as Ghandi was becoming known.  We were all fairly speechless for about an hour after the movie ended.  The juxtaposition of religous (in this case Hindu) rituals and beliefs with unkindess and cruelty is astonishing.