on 5/10/06 10:48 AM, shempmcgurk at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> I think there's a time and place for everything, and I think
> celibacy has
>> its value. I'm open to the possibility that in MMY's case, it was
> no longer
>> relevant.
>>
> Rick, when you found out and became convinced about MMY's sexual
> exploits, how did that affect your world?

I found out at a time when I was in the process of becoming distanced from
the TMO, so it facilitated that. It also presented an interesting challenge,
because I still acknowledge MMY's greatness as a teacher, at least in his
heyday, and his powerful darshan, resulting presumably from a very high
level of consciousness coupled with an ability to radiate that to others
(all light bulbs are plugged into the same power grid, but some are little
Christmas tree bulbs, while others are powerful search lights). So I took it
as an opportunity to reexamine a lot of assumptions and concepts. I heard
the rumors of this in 1970 when the John Lennon interview came out in
Rolling Stone, and again throughout the years, when various skin boys told
their story. But I was not ready to accept it, so I dismissed it.