--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The political and business worlds are filled with examples of well
> intentioned but flawed men who gradually went astray as they gained
> more and more power.  "Power corrupts" and all that.

My 'take' on what really happens in spiritual organizations
is a permutation of this old saying: "Attention corrupts,
and absolute attention corrupts absolutely."

It's not so much the "power" IMO; it's all those people
focusing on the teacher and the teacher being unable to
handle the psychic impact of that attention.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <jedi_spock@>
wrote:

> >       Sir. Rick Archer, are you implying that Maharishi was a
Good