--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The political and business worlds are filled with examples of well
> intentioned but flawed men who gradually went astray as they gained
> more and more power.  "Power corrupts" and all that.

If you're attracted to power, this is probably inevitable. There's a great exchange in
Commander and Chief between the new President and Speaker of the House about this.

She says she has no interest in power for its own sake, and he replies that that is the
wrong answer: at the level that THEY are at, you have to WANT to run the universe, or you
have no business thinking you can run the country.

Both sides had a point, I think and its a very fine line to try to walk. Since she never wanted
to even try to walk it, I think she comes across as more worthy than he does as she makes
the attempt which is the essence of the paradox of political power in a nutshell.