> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
> > <fairfieldlife@> wrote:

> > fact that
> > the
> > be "shunned"
> that
> > I do
> > identified.
> > > >
> > > Imagine my position, living in FF and having started FFL.
> > Interestingly,
> > > there are certain "hard and fast" TMOers who have proven
> > themselves to be
> > > "true blue" friends by not changing their behavior towards me.
> > Some are in
> > > high positions at MUM. I've enjoyed having my friends sorted out
> > for me that
> > > way.
> > >

> > I guess it separated the men from the boys.
> >
> > Did you "lose" some people as friends that you didn't want to
> lose?
> > And did it hurt?
>
> It always hurts to recognize that people you like
> are jerks.  But ultimately, you're glad you found out.

Eh, that would make sense only if they do something even MORE jerkish than whatever
tipped you off in the first place. In a town with no blacks it would be quite easy to make
friends wiith or even fall in love with a total bigot. If you have black friends in other places,
you might want to figure you this out before you become too close, but there are few
people in the world who are NEVER jerks in the right circumstances, so you have to pick
and choose the sensitivity of your jerk-meter...