> wrote:
> >
> > I tend to have a prejudice about Europeans that goes back to the
> > late '60s in France when all those students rioted and nearly
> > overtook the country.  And, of course, my only personal experience
> > with Europe is (twice) flying in Zurich, getting onto a bus and
> > going into the Alps for TTC and 6-month course: airport, drive in
> > country-side, TM indoctrination.  Yup, that's my European adventure.
>
> I would suspect you are not alone.
>
> Let's hear it -- how many wonderful and charming tourist
> locations in the world did the folks here go to for a TM
> course or project, and wind up with only photographs of
> the inside of a hotel room as souvenirs?  :-)

Pah. I was in the US miliary. One of my most interesting memories was listing to the two
retirees talking. One was vacationing in the UK with his wife, having paid $10 each for the
plane tickets. They found that the only thing worth doing was sitting in their Visting
Airman's Quarters room watching American TV. Getting out in the country made them feel
uncomfortable because it wasn't the USA...