On May 21, 2006, at 12:54 PM, authfriend wrote:

> These allegations have, in fact, been discussed
> over and over again, in great detail, on alt.m.t.

> > > Except that wasn't the case.
> >
> > I'm sorry you missed the discussion where this knowledge was
> > brought out.
>
> Except that I didn't miss it, of course.  Patrick's
> post was in response to one of mine.  But that thread
> wasn't even about the research being "fudged."  There
> have been other discussions here along those lines, but
> not this one (which began with another misrepresentation
> from you, this concerning something Ken Wilber said).
>
> > Self-serving bias is one of the many valid criticisms of TM
> > pseudoscience.
>
> <snicker>  As you well know, I'm on the record as
> being highly skeptical about some of the TM research
> and scientific claims, especially concerning the
> Maharishi Effect.

Actually I've heard you argue *for* the M-effect. Perhaps you could
post some of your alleged criticisms of this alleged effect?

You're even on the record as saying you believe that consciousness
*is* the unified field.

> But, of course, you're trying to change the subject;
> I wasn't addressing the research or the claims at all,
> as you know. The issue is *your* claim that Hagelin
> doesn't believe consciousness is the unified field.
>
> I'd suggest that claim is highly representative of
> self-serving bias on your part.

No, not at all--just what the record reflects of people who knew
Hagelin and the ultimatum he was dealt. And of course this list has
numerous similar claims to those around M. who were dealt ultimatums.

I honestly don't buy that those on alt.med.transce have ever really
debunked anything but instead just reinforced their own beliefs in
Vedic Creation Pseudo-science. In other words I give most of those
arguing there about as much credence as I do a Fundamentalist
Christian arguing about Creation Science.