> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > However eventually this was supplanted with the idea that
> > consciousness *was* the unified field--and thus the infamous
> > Hagelin article where he gave up his own expert view (that
> > consciousness was *not* the unified field)
>
> Documentation, please, that this was indeed his view.
>
> Remember that he came to MIU in the first place because
> his expert view was that consciousness *was* the unified
> field.

Thats not a particularly good description of what I observed.

Mel Melvin was the in-house physisict, from Temple University -- on a
one year leave/sebatical, during first year Mallorca, Dec70-Jun71. And
As I beleive Mel was with him during the summer courses in 71. Mel
discussed physics extensively and made some rough parallels to  as I
recall, but it was all pretty exploratory as I recall. And this was
pre-SCI.

By Fuiggi Mar-June 72, Domash was there as I recall, as were a number
of the other original MIU faculty. He was one of many at that time, as
I recall, but a shining speaker. As I saw it, he had not at all came
to MIU  (which was only a concept at that point, not a physical place)
"because his expert view was that consciousness *was* the unified
filed" but rather to hang out with MMY and see what was going on. I
think his girlfriend (tall, curly red hair) had got him interested in
TM -- though that link is not crystal clear.

He apparently arrived on the scene sometime during second year
Mallorca -- or perhaps the summer courses in 71 -- and I was not there
those 6 months so I am not clear on his initial arrival and
ascendancy. By Fuiggi he was looking at parallels of physics to SCI
and writing stuff for the MIU catalog. And supplying stuff for that
large set of slick oversized posters developed by the new art team.

At Fuiggi, the idea of MIU was ripe and a lot of attention was put on
the first MIU catalog -- that oversized tan one with the MIU logo
embossed in gold on the front. Along with the on the development of
the SCI course. "Knowledge is Structured in Consciousness" was the big
theme of the day -- some time still prior to much talk of Vacuum State
and Unified Field as I recall.

I do remember, later than Fuiggi as I recall, Larry began talking alot
about quantum mechanics and its base state (still not referred to as
the Unified Field, as I recall)-- perhaps by the summer of 73 at MIU
SB, and through the fall of MIU's first year in FF. All the talk was
in the context of QM being a good ANALOGY for SCI and consciousness.
He even spoke a lot about how analogies could be quite useful in
coming up with testable hypotheses in other fields. And thus physics
he proposed provided some frameworks for SCI to be examined and
tested. It was all about "Analogy".

I remember a lecture where he said that in his discussions with M.
(and he was getting a lot of face time) that M. kept insisting that QM
was not "like" consciousness, It WAS consciousness. This brought a lot
of laughter and a kind of smirk and shrug from Domash -- indicating
this was beyond what was supportable and as if asking "what are you
going to do?"  This may have been in 74, or as late as early 1976 --
hard to date each lecture.

It was in 76 timeframe that he talked extensively of the "Vacuum
State" in QM and its parallels to SCI /Consciousness. I don't recall
Unfied Field being a term used extensively in those days.

Then over the years, it appeared Larry tried his darndest to find
support of the idea that the Vacuum State was Consciousness -- but I
don't have specific memories of him personally stating this was his
belief. But by then 77-79 + I was less around MMY, Domash or MIU. So
perhaps others can fill in the gaps of their personal  observations of
Larry's talks, discussions with him and the scuttlelbut amongs faculty
etc. on the issue. (And by this time Larry had become President of
MIU, so he was less on physics stuff I beleive.)

But in what I observed, he hardly  "came to MIU in the first place
because his expert view was that consciousness *was* the unified
field." Thats a rewriting of history IMO.