> on 5/21/06 1:33 PM, jim_flanegin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>
> > Imo, it is inaccurate to see Amma's work and Maharishi's work in
> > opposition to one another, as you and Bob are doing. Each performs a
> > critical function. Depends on our perspective which one we naturally
> > support. No right or wrong.
>
> You're right. My only beef with the Movement is when it says one thing and
> does another. For instance, the TMO brings way more money into India than
> Amma does. If it doesn't believe in humanitarian activities, and prefers to
> apply resources to enlivening the transcendent, fine. How many are being
> taught to meditate who aren't paying their way? How many pundits are there?
> I can answer that one. There are fewer than 6,000 and the number is
> dwindling as they age. Fewer young ones are joining than older ones leaving.
> They're all paid to be there, as that's part of the deal that convinces
> their parents to send them. Money is sent home to support the family. But do
> these activities and any others anyone would care to itemize account for the
> many millions of dollars that have been brought into the country? Show me
> the money!

There WERE many buildings that many people (including teh Indian press) have described
in India. SOme were raized to the ground recently. Others are still lying vacant I imagine.
Still other buildings are being built. The World Peace fund in India is a for-profit venture, I
believe. SOme portion of the TMO funds may be siphoned off to keep the investors happy
in India, which also keeps the politicians happy.