> On May 21, 2006, at 6:20 PM, new_morning_blank_slate wrote:
>
> > But in what I observed, he hardly  "came to MIU in the first place
> > because his expert view was that consciousness *was* the unified
> > field." Thats a rewriting of history IMO.

Nope. Hagelin came to MUM (then MIU) BECAUSE he believed in these things. His professional
reputation in PHysics was made because of his application of his belief to his professional
work.

The time-frame of how intense his beliefs became may be debated, but I recenty ran into an
online comment by a fellow undergrad who reported that Hagelin used to use QM to explain
levitation back when they were both Physics students at Dartmoth. That would be years
before he became a practicing scientist.