on 5/21/06 6:48 PM, sparaig at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> on 5/20/06 7:20 PM, bob_brigante at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>>
>>> That's fuzzy, yah moron, and you are a complete phony in addition to
>>> your striking lack of intelligence. You don't have a problem with
>>> labeling people as (to quote your phrase in phrase 98617 which you
>>> left out of this post) "bug-eyed cult zombies" who belong to "a
>>> strange, insignificant little cult" (Msg 98557). But when somebody
>>> points out the idiotic ideas you embrace, you get all self-righteous --
>>>  let me guess, was your psycho dad this way?
>>
>> In case anyone wonders why I don't get upset by posts like this, it's
>> because I figure they say a lot more about Bob than they do about me. "Give
>> him enough rope and he'll hang himself" is my approach. They also say
>> something about TM or the package for spiritual development that includes
>> TM. There must be something missing if someone devoted to this path for so
>> many decades can still speak like this.
>>

> I would say you ARE a complete phony since you apparently HAVE said that you
> believe
> that Tmers are "bug-eyed cult zombies" who belong to "a strange, insignificant
> little
> cult" (Msg 98557).  To get upset about a post that repeats your own words
> would be odd
> indeed, and to pretend that you don't get upset at such a post because it says
> more about
> the other guy than about you IS to be a complete and utter phony.

I don't mind him quoting my words, and as I said, I was taking some poetic
license in using those phrases. What I might be expected to get upset about
is his use of such words as "moron and knucklehead," referring to my dad as
a psycho, etc. The reason this stuff doesn't upset me is that it so
blatantly reveals a toxic state of mind that I can only pity the guy.

> Not to mention having a lack of intelligence by not seeing what you've just
> said about
> yourself. Dare I suggest that your time with Amma doesn't seem to have helped
> much, if
> any? In fact, I remember you as being far more centered the only time I met
> you 25 years
> or so ago then you come across now.

Appearances are deceptive. I've come a long way, baby.