--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> TorquiseB writes snipped:
> Just following up because I think it's an interesting
> subject, I think that the key to the above point of
> view is in the last sentence. That is, one tends to
> view the world in terms of one's own experience. The
> author in question had problems with addiction; there-
> fore she sees 98% of the people around her as having
> had problems with addiction, a point of view that is
> so obviously distorted it barely deserves comment.
>
> Tom T:
> You might tend to disagree if you haven't recognized that any belief
> is an addiction. How do I know that to be true. Try and lose or change
> core beliefs. Mull it over a little and thanks for your comments. As
> you have said before it is sometimes good to agree to disagree.Tom

I wouldn't call any arbitrary belief an addiction, but more along the lines of a rut. It's more
comfortable to let your wheels follow the ruts in the road, rather than try to make a turn
when you need to.

Of course, if TM works as advertised, turning may become easier, but apparently many
here don't believe that TM works as advertised.