> I used to think that every spiritual tradition was talking about the
same thing when they
> used terms like samadhi and satori and so on, but while it may have
been the case in the
> distant past, I don't think its true any more.
>
> The physiology that results from various spiritual practices is just
too radically different
> even if the terms used are the same.

I think you are on to something interesting here.  I was starting to
think about this when Bob said:

" ...By using the technology of TM to expand the ability to know,
Vedic science is the basis of all science,... "

I was thinking that I really don't understand what this means in my
current way of thinking about myself.  I really don't understand the
phrase "expand the ability to know", anymore.  I can remember the
words that I used to use when I did think I understood the phrase.
But now it is all gone.  I sometimes feel tired or more rested, I can
relate to that. But it is rarely so dramatic that it impairs me
cognitively.  I don't think my "ability to know" fluctuates at all to
any significant degree day to day.  Of course I don't mean this in any
spiritual way, it is just that I have lost all interest in monitoring
whatever quality I used to care about when I used to think of
"awareness" as something that changed or could be developed.  Now I
only think of it as a steady background and a given.  It is the
content of what I am aware of that is the important thing for me to
pay attention to.

That is not to say that I am not introspective.  I am.  But not in
this way that is implied in the phrase "development of awareness".
Monitoring that seems completely boring to me now.

Thanks for making me think about this.  More to your point, I think
there is a good chance that people use these phrases in completely
different ways even when they sound the same.  The point of reference
is too subjective to claim that we can "know" that people mean the
same thing.  My materialistic two cents!