on 5/26/06 12:44 AM, shempmcgurk at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> Here's a way to say to the TMO and the MUM community that you're
> still
>> alive and kicking:
>>
>> Take out an ad in the Fairfield Ledger this week-end -- doesn't
> have to
>> be expensive, maybe $50 or $100 -- that says something to the
> effect:
>>

>> CONGRATULATIONS
>>
>>               TO THE FAIRFIELD LIFE
>>
>>            YAHOO! DISCUSSION GROUPON
>>
>>                              ON ITS
>>
>>                       100,000th POST
>>
>>                            SINCE ITS
>>
>>         SEPTEMBER 5, 2001 INCEPTION.
>>

> ...and nothing should stop you from issuing a mini press release on
> it...I think it's worthy of at least a little human-interest story
> in the Ledger, no?

Not a bad idea. Anyone feel like taking a stab at writing one? I would
submit it today and it would probably make Monday's edition. Might even be
better to put it in the Weekly Reader, which more 'rus read. They come out
on Thursdays. I think their deadline is late Tuesday or early Wednesday. We
could write it collectively by suggesting improvements to whatever rough
draft anyone first posts. We could even post a byline such as "By
shempmcgurk, authfriend, TurquoiseB and New_Morning_Blank_State of
FairfielLife." Too bad Rudra Joe isn't around.