In a message dated 5/25/06 10:10:19 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I agree; we are a culture that is quite addicted to violence and
dysfunctional behavior...
It's not just the government, but the whole culture:
Look at what passes for entertainment- it's getting more and more
over the top..
I worry about the kids growing up in this pollution.
Their attitudes toward sex; their attitude toward humanity;
Their level of compassion.
We've seen the enemy and it is us.
We, as a nation, weren't always like that. I started life at a time when people could leave their houses  unlocked, keys in the car, neighbors actually knew each other and helped each other, teen pregnancy rare, out of wedlock birth even rarer, fathers took care of their families, mothers didn't need to work outside the home, taxes were low, and overall crime rates were low. I'm not saying life was perfect then and we were without faults but things sure have changed since then.