on 6/1/06 10:27 AM, wayback71 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Rick, what I wrote below is not a criticism of what people did on Purusha or
> MD.  Those are
> situations where asking for money is what you were told to do by your Master -
> the culture
> expected it of you.  MOst Purusha MD felt uncomfortable, I expect, with this.
> I am talking
> about people who feel no discomfort in the process, and therefore no internal
> motivation
> to change.

May be valid to criticize it. Maybe not. The householders support the
recluses in most religious traditions. But in some, the monks run little
businesses to support themselves. Purusha guys are discouraged from doing
this, even though many are good businessmen, computer-saavy, etc. I can see
why. You get tied up in a business and you can't drop everything to run off
to the next urgent project, or you start cutting your program, thinking
about business deals during meditation, etc. OTOH, at one time at least,
there were guys with VCRs in their rooms, watching movies every day, taking
LOA's with their girlfriends, etc. IOW, freeloaders. So there are arguments
both ways.