In a message dated 6/3/06 9:24:45 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> ...but it's these flairs that affect life here on earth.

I doubt that a 3 second solar flair has the same effect on our environment
as 1,000 years of burning fossil fuels. Show me a scientist who says that.

While I haven't seen Shemp's research, I have seen , years ago, a study in England of tree rings that indicated the climate there, around 700 years ago, for some time, was at least as warm as what England is experiencing today. There weren't any fossil fuels being burned in large quantities in or before the 1300's. I don't recall if this was tied to Solar flairs or not as an explanation but sounds like the most logical reasoning considering Scientists do say they do have an effect on our whether.