--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new_morning_blank_slate
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new_morning_blank_slate
> > <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Anyone see the National Scripts Spelling Bee finals the other
> > night?
> > > Not a big draw for me usually, but it moved from ESPN (past
years)
> > > ABC primetime due to its "popularity" -- and I figured its GOT
> > be
> > > better than American Idol (except Katharaine McPhee who is
worth
> > > listening to 50% of the time -- and looking at 95% of the
time).

> > > It was fascinating. 30 or so finalists. About 15 of them
Indian.
> > Most
> > > fascinating was the composure, charm and poise of the three
> > finalists
> > > -- all girls. They were all 8th graders (I think), and while
> > spelled
> > > incredible words without blinking, they were not at all geeks,
but
> > > looked and acted like smart, accomplished college students.
> >
> > Yes, I saw the last hour of it...and loved it!
> >
> > I had seen it on other channels in previous years, too, and it
was
> > equally exciting.
> >

> Shemp,
>
> Since you like "obscure" sports, do you ever catch womens college
> softball on ESPN? I am watching a few minutes now. Both the UCLA
and
> Texas teams have deep talent.
>
> And we are now into the French Open (tennis). Not so obscure, but
few
> seem to watch. Go Sharapova!

I really love alot of the women's sports on TV.  Yes, women's tennis
is MUCH better than the men's, especially when they play only 3 sets
instead of the 5 for men...who can watch for 5 sets.

I've only rarely seen women's softball but did like it when I saw
it.  And, of course, there's women's beach vollyball.  I like my
women thin and moderately muscular.