> In a message dated 6/9/06 9:21:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> --- In  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com) ,  MDixon6569@,  MDix
> > That teaching seems to evolved to: if your  teaching is not
> > welcomed, dust off your shoes and park yourself in  their
> > living room until they leave.
>
> The impression I get is  that the purpose of the Kansas facility is for
> a small group of Sidhas to  radiate woowoo rays equally to the entire
> US population. I'd wager that  there will be minimal interaction
> between the TMO and the Kansas locals if  that facility is built.
>
> As for the point you raise, I don't think it's  accurate. Fairfield
> certainly has no shortage of churches, so it's really  not valid to
> portray the TMO as digging in until others leave;  obviously
> Fairfield's Christian congregations *haven't* left. Hell, the  anti-Roo
> Christian ministry is prominently located right on Burlington  Ave., a
> block from the square!
>

> Well, you know the TMO people that move in there will also  have to get
> involved in the local politics as they did in Fairfield. Smith  Center seems
> to be
> a much smaller town than Fairfield and it sounds like to me  the TMO people
> will have a stronger impact politically which may or may not have  an effect
> on
> their welcome. Time will tell.

Sigh, revisionist history is so interesting to watch. The current mayor of
Fairfield practices
TM and the TM-Sidhis. He replaced a guy who was mayor of Fairfield for about 20
more
years AFTER MIU arrived on the scene.

If you want an example of contrived interference in local politics by a
spiritual
organization, you look at Antelope, Oregon, AKA Rancho Rajneesh, NOT Fairfield,
Iowa.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM