Shemp wrote "The thing I hate the most is navigating
to old and new postings in a thread", which means he
is reading the messages at the group page, not in his
email, and there is no way to change the format of the
messages at the group page. The email settings  change
email only.

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM