In a message dated 6/23/06 4:30:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
The TSA is the federal screening agency that checks your bags at the
> airport. The Democrats demanded that it be a federal agency, unionized and a part of
> the Department of Homeland Security after 911. Like just about any other
> federal job, it's very difficult to be fired from . In addition, the hiring
> involves a lot of affirmative action and avoiding any appearance of
> discrimination and required education level is minimal. So what you see, is what you
> get. I'm sure some do a fine job, the others....

So you think that all government jobs require minimal education and smarts? You think
that private security would automatically be better/cheaper?
No, not all federal jobs require minimal educations or smarts. Did I imply that or did you assume I meant that? Not necessarily on the better and cheaper but it would be easier to do something about inefficiencies with a privately owned company, like cancel the contract due to noncompliance or poor training and hire another.