> In a message dated 6/25/06 10:43:22 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> They  were in Iraq, doing their job, right up until Bush
> pulled them out so he  could invade. They were *furious*.
>
> For Bush to say Saddam wouldn't let  them in is simply a lie.
>
> I would like to see the exact quote and speech in which Bush
> said "Saddam wouldn't let them in". Yes there were times when
> Saddam threw them  out and wouldn't let them in, but after enough
> saber rattling and threats he  would change his mind. Also if Bush
> said "Saddam wouldn't let them in", while he  had to order the
> inspectors out before hostilities began, it could have been in the
> context that Saddam wouldn't let them in  "unfettered".

Press conference, January 27, 2004:

Well, I think the Iraq Survey Group must do its work. Again, I
appreciate David Kay's contribution. I said in the run-up to the war
against Iraq that -- first of all, I hoped the international
community would take care of him. I was hoping the United Nations
would enforce its resolutions, one of many. And then we went to the
United Nations, of course, and got an overwhelming resolution --
1441 -- unanimous resolution, that said to Saddam, you must disclose
and destroy your weapons programs, which obviously meant the world
felt he had such programs. He chose defiance. It was his choice to
make, and he did not let us in.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/01/20040127-3.html

Press conference, July 14, 2003 (with Kofi Annan sitting
beside him):

The larger point is, and the fundamental question is, did Saddam
Hussein have a weapons program? And the answer is, absolutely. And we
gave him a chance to allow the inspectors in, and he wouldn't let
them in.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/07/20030714-3.html

Press conference, March 21, 2006:

I also saw a threat in Iraq. I was hoping to solve this problem
diplomatically. That's why I went to the Security Council; that's why
it was important to pass 1441, which was unanimously passed. And the
world said, disarm, disclose, or face serious consequences -- and
therefore, we worked with the world, we worked to make sure that
Saddam Hussein heard the message of the world. And when he chose to
deny inspectors, when he chose not to disclose, then I had the
difficult decision to make to remove him. And we did, and the world
is safer for it.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/03/20060321-4.html